Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fire! Fire! Fire!

Lesson #1: Do not try and do something that you have never done before without Chad there.

Outcome: Filling the house up with smoke and not able to open the windows because the winter windows are already on...

A few days ago I decided I wanted a fire in the fireplace. I absolutely love our fireplace. It just makes the house feel so warm and cozy. And at that moment, I wanted to feel "warm and cozy" so I decided to start a fire. I took a fire log and lit it on fire and then placed actual wood logs into the fireplace as well. I was doing good...or so I thought.

I noticed smoke was coming into the house but I just though, "Well it's a fireplace...it's suppose to smoke." I went into the kitchen to clean a few things up and the next thing I know was the fire alarm was going off. I ran into the living room and it was filled with smoke. I flung open the windows and realizing...the smoke isn't clearing. DUH... the winter windows were on. I called Chad asking him, "How do I turn off the fire alarm?" He wasn't too thrilled that I tried to do this without him there. (Which how could I argue now?)

Two hours later the smoke was gone but the smell hung in the air. Not too keen on the whole fire thing, I gave in and lit a million candles around the living room.

So for those of you with a fireplace, use it ONLY if you know how. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment